Monday, January 30, 2006

Do you ever have times when you think God's ways are just too complicated to understand and its better not to ask why?

Mum phoned tonight to say that Anna's dad had collapsed and died today. I think I can say this is a Job experience Anna and the boys are going through. I can only take comfort in the fact that Anna's dad is now out of pain and having a celebration like no other with Neil in heaven.

There's a verse in 1 Corinthians that says "Gods weakness is stronger than mans strength and God's foolishness is wiser than mans wisdom"

What we see as the unfathomable, God has predestined and has determined to be part of his perfect plan.

Although I will never understand I have to believe that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord. At the moment its hard though.

Anna , Joel and Simon have been through so much. Please pray for them especially the boys. They all must be asking why?? We have no answers. I just pray that God gives us all the right words to say. I don't want to just be a lip service Christian, but want to live and breathe the life that God wants.

Thanks for listening. I love you all with the love of God, even thought I don't know most of you.

Mo

6 Comments:

Blogger SarahB said...

Mo, what can I say at a time like this. It is so hard to understand sometimes why God allows such painful and tragic things to happen particularly to those that we love. My heart goes out to Anna, Joel and Simon and to the wider family too.

What I do know is that God understands our feelings and the way that we grieve. I have just been reminded of a verse which has helped me again and again:

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those that are crushed in spirit" Psalm 34:18

I praise God for your faith. I will continue to pray for you all.

With sorrow in your loss.

God bless.

Sarah

4:55 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Mo I don't know really what to say, I too don't understand God,
Your family seem such a caring one and with the family, church family and of course God's help hopefully we can somehow show care to Anna, Joel and Simon,
with love,
Helen.

6:01 AM  
Blogger PatK said...

Dear Mo and Mark,
Spent some time with Anna last night - good to share a cuppa with her and Carolyn - but our hearts do go out to her at this time. I'd love to say that things will be OK, but right now, that is hard to fully comprehend. All I know is that God will make a way through this, even though right now there seems to be no way. We love you all and are praying much for you.

I also popped into Anna's this evening (Tuesday) to see your Mum and Dad, assure them of our prayers, and give them our contact numbers. Call us if you need to

Love and hugs
Pat

9:57 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sometimes we just don't have the words and we just cry out to God -why?

Pat's comments have reminded me of a song we sang in the choir a while back which said 'He can make a way where there isn't a way..thats what the love of God can do'

God's love will help the whole family. I pray that His love will be everything you all need at this time.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Nicole's Psalm said...

Mo & Mark, Anna, Joel & Simon, Please rest assured of my continued prayer support. 2 corinthians 1:3-4 comes to mind.'Thank God ... that He is our father and the source of all mercy and comfort. For He gives us comfort in our trials that we in turn may be able to give the same sort of strong sympathy to others in theirs'

1:49 PM  
Blogger SarahB said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking and praying for you at this time.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home