Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sorry this blog has been a long time coming. Sometimes life just overtakes things. Anyway I'm back with a vengance.
Well I have 2 more days at work and then Mark and I go to New York. I surprised Mark for Christmas with this treat. unfortunately his back has really been playing him up lately and at one point I was wondering whether we would be going. but GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME, and he has been pummelled and proded by lots of women and is now walking much better. So we will be flying at 9.30 on Friday.
I managed to get into the Great North Run this year, so will be running for Cancer Research and the Fairleigh Hospice who were so good to Neil in his last few days. Do you know some days I still can;t believe he's gone? Anyway I need to start some serious training, so if you have any tips Pat please let me know.
I have started going to a Prayer meeting that has started at our workplace. I can;t make it every week, but it is a blessing to know there are others who share in the blessing of God at work as well as church.
We were praying in the worship group before the service a couple of weeks ago, and I had a picture of a photorapher taking a picture and everyone looking their best when they said cheese and the flash went. In that moment they were recorded in history and they looked they best at that moment in time. It made me think that as a worshipper I didn;t want to just look my best for the time I was worshipping but that I wanted to be permenantly in God's light reflecting his glory all the time, and not just for the cheese moment. I just thought I would share that with you.
We have a new minister in Church which has ruffled a few feather, and I am still uncertain as to where he will lead the church, but he is God's appointed person and is here to fufil God's plan for the church. Its hard when you have had a pastor who had been with the church 37 years though.
hope you are all doing well and I love and pray for you all ( when I remember!!) you are all special and part of my family and I love you loads.

God bless

Mo

4 Comments:

Blogger PatK said...

Hi Mo - firstly a huge thanks for sponsoring me in the Chelmsford "Race for Life". It's a privilege to take part in memory of Neil.

Secondly, if you're doing the Great North Run, you certainly don't need tips from me! What I am doing is gym sessions 3 times a week - cross trainer, bikes and treadmill - and then getting in a local 5k walk when I can. Our local estate has an arterial road which is exactly 5 kim long, so it's good practise

Sounds like God is doing a little shaking with your new pastor - we'll be praying for you. Transitions in leadership are never easy, but God uses them in all sorts of ways!

Love to you both
Pat

8:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Mo

Have a fantastic time in New York, my sister got back from there on Monday and she loved it. I loved it to, so I'm sure you will too.

Wander down to pier 17 in the late afternoon -its lovely.

God bless

9:31 AM  
Blogger SarahB said...

Mo,

Really glad to read your update. Praying that you and Mark will have a wonderful time in New York.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I pray that God would continue to bless you and your family through these days.

Best wishes,

Sarah

3:30 PM  
Blogger PatK said...

Hi Mo - just to let you know that at least 10 of us from Elim Chelmsford took part in the Race for Life here on 25th June - I personally raised just over £250 - and we had a great time - checkout my blog and links to Helen's & Rhi's blogs for more pictures of the gang!

Love to you both, and thanks for sponsoring me!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home